Updating a Therefore > Sage DLL in a Workflow
Updating the custom Sage DLL
Over time, you may have Sage updated to a new major version for various reasons. However once this is updated, you may come across some issues the a customer DLL task in the Therefore workflow for posting data into Sage. This issue comes about because the version of the files the DLL has are older than the newly updated version. This article will demonstrate how to resolve this issue and what files you need to move.
- On the Server Running Therefore, open the Sage 200 Software
as the account which is running the Therefore Server Service
- In Sage, select the cog (settings - top right of the screen) and then select the "About..."
- Select "System Information"
- Navigate to the "General Tab" and look for "Client Program Directory"
- Navigate to the location shown in the Client Program Directory
- Search for all .dll files in this folder
- Stop and disable the Therefore Server Service
- Take a backup of the Therefore "Extensions" folder
- This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Therefore\Extensions
- Copy the .dll contents of the Sage directory into the relevant extension folder in Therefore
- This may be "TheWorkflow.ImportTransaction"
- Ensure you get no errors such as "Cannot copy, file is being used by another program".
- Start Therefore Server Service
- Test the task by putting documents through the workflow
If you require any assistance or have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Changing Security Permissions in Therefore
Changing Security Permissions in Therefore This article will show you how to change user/group permissions within Therefore to ensure that users can only access what they need to access. This process applies to both categories and workflow ...
Changing User Assignments in Therefore Workflows
Changing assigned users in Therefore tasks This guide will provide instruction on how to change the users which workflow instances are assigned to in a Therefore workflow. There are multiple methods which are used to assign workflow tasks in ...
Updating ODBC Replicator Configuration
Updating the ODBC Replicator Configuration This guide will instruct you on how to update the configuration of the ODBC Replicator Tool following a Sage update. If Sage has been updated and a new ODBC Driver is required, for example v27 > v28, you ...
Enabling/Disabling Overdue Notifications
Turning On/Off Overdue Notifications This guide will instruct you on how to enable or disable the overdue notifications on Therefore workflow tasks. You will need access to the solution designer in order to make these changes within the workflow. The ...
Clearing Errored Workflows
Clearing Errors in Therefore Workflows This article will guide you through the process on how to clear errored instances in a Therefore workflow. Errored instances can occur when a process in the workflow runs into an issue or cannot route an ...