Installing Spindle Document Distribution
Installing the Spindle Client
This guide will instruct you or your IT team through the installation process for the Spindle Document Distribution software we provide for you. This contains step by step instructions to take you through each stage of the install process, along with screenshots for reference. If you are unsure of anything in the installation process or run into any issues, please feel free to contact email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
The Install Process
- Locate the Spindle installer on your network
- This can vary depending on which other software we provide you with. If you are unsure on where the find the installation files for Spindle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Double click the install files to run the installation. When asked to confirm if you want to run the file, select Run
- When asked if you would like the app to make changes to your device, select Yes
- If you are prompted to install any prerequisites, select Install on this page
- Once the prerequisites have been installed, you will be presented with the installation wizard, click Next on this page
- Accept the End-User License Agreement
- On the Installation Information page, click Next
- On the Destination Folder page, leave this as default unless your IT state otherwise
- On the Primary Application page, leave this as default
- On the Spindle Document Distribution Shared Folder page, this needs to be changed to where you Spindle data is stored
- If you are unsure of this location, you can either ask email@example.com or confirm this on another user's PC by following our guide "Checking Spindle User Settings"
- On the install page, click Install
- Spindle will then begin to install
- Once this is complete, click Finish
- Once this is complete, you will be presented with the User Setup Wizard. This is where you configure your user information
- The main information that needs filling in is Forename, Surname, Company and Email Address
- On the next pages for Printer setup and Fax setup, configure these as
- Printer: <DEFAULT WINDOWS PRINTER>
- Fax: ---NONE---
- On the Default email setup, set this to Legacy Outlook and then click OK to any prompts
- On the Default CRM Setup page, leave this as ---NONE---
- The next page will show the different drivers which will be added to your PC. You will most likely be using "Spindle Pro Auto"
- Once the setup is complete, click Finish
Spindle Document Distribution is now installed on your PC ready to use to automate document printing.
If you require any assistance or come across any issues, please contact IT@Spectrum support at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the issue and screenshots where possible.
Checking Spindle User Settings
Checking User Settings in Spindle This article will be a brief instruction guide on how to check the user settings in Spindle are configured correctly. This can also be used to compare settings between users for new installs. You can find how to ...
Prevent Spindle from Using a License
Preventing Users from claiming a Spindle license This article will describe how to stop a certain machine or user from claiming a Spindle license when they log into their PC. This can be handy for machines which require Spindle installed but do not ...
Installing Pulse 2
Installing the Pulse 2 Client This guide will instruct you how to install the Pulse 2 client on Windows PCs. The guide will contain step by step instructions along with screenshots for reference, if needed. The install process Locate the installer ...
Installing IRIS Verify
Installing IRIS Verify This guide will guide you or your IT team through the installation process for the Verify software we provide for you. This contains step by step instructions to take you through each stage of the install process, along with ...
Installing the Therefore client software This guide will guide you or your IT team through the installation process for the Therefore software we provide for you. This contains step by step instructions to take you through each stage of the install ...